Time is TBD|
Steel Creek Campground
Buffalo River Underwater Clean Up
A clean up by freedivers across the floor of the Buffalo river simply for fun!
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Steel Creek Campground, Buffalo River Trail, Jasper, AR 72641, USA
About the event
As divers, we have a special connection with the underwater world and we need it to remain beautiful. Join us as the Kayak/Canoe season wraps up to do what we can to keep man-made items out of the water. Who knows, maybe you will find some treasures!
This event is a mix of a fun day on the river and some clean up:
- Who: Anyone (You should know how to swim proficiently)
- What: River Clean-up
- When: TBD (Camping Optional)
- Why: Divers are stewards of the water and we can't resist the oppurtunity to play!
- How: Groups of people, support boats, Drop off and Pick up vehicles
- What to Bring: Everything for a day on the water, unless your camping, then tents and camping items!
- More Info to Follow!
The goal of this event is to clean up as much trash and man-made items after the float season and protect our precious rivers.
Anyone can join us, we will need support crews on Rafts and Canoes for collection trash and handing out hydration
Rivers can be an amazing place to swim and float down stream, however, at times it can be a bit treacherous. Because of this, we will be using certified divers searching for any potential risky places